So I served peas with dinner tonight, and I noticed my children have different tactics to not eat peas.
How to eat peas, by Phoebe:
1. Scoop up spoonful of peas from bowl.
2.Pour spoonful of peas onto plate.
3. Pick up individual pea.
4. Place pea onto spoon with fingers
5. Repeat until all peas are on spoon
6. Dump spoonful of peas into bowl
7. Begin again at step 1.
How to eat peas, by Zoe
1. Lull mommy into a false sense of security that I will eat solid food now
2. Make face like I’m being poisoned when mommy gives me a spoon of peas.
3. Blow raspberries until every molecule of pea is removed from my mouth.
4. Continue spitting on the off-chance there is a kitchen surface not covered in pea and baby spit.
5. Keep spitting in case mommy tries to put another pea in my mouth.
6. Spit until mommy lets you out of the highchair.